Certified Network Defender (CND)
Organizational focus on cyber defense is more important than ever as cyber breaches have a far greater financial impact and can cause broad reputational damage. Despite best efforts to prevent breaches, many organizations are still being compromised. Therefore organizations must have, as part of their defense mechanisms, trained network engineers who are focused on protecting, detecting, and responding to the threats on their networks.
Network administrators spends a lot of time with network environments, and are familiar with network components, traffic, performance and utilization, network topology, location of each system, security policy, etc. So, organizations can be much better in defending themselves from vicious attacks if the IT and network administrators equipped with adequate network security skills .Thus Network administrator can play a significant role in network defense and become first line of defense for any organizations.
Students enrolled in the Certified Network Defender course, will gain a detailed understanding and hands on ability to function in real life situations involving network defense. They will gain the technical depth required to actively design a secure network in your organization. This program will be akin to learning math instead of just using a calculator. This course gives you the fundamental understanding of the true construct of data transfer, network technologies, software technologies so that you understand how networks operate, understand what software is automating and how to analyze the subject material.
You will learn how to protect, detect and respond to the network attacks. You will learn network defense fundamentals, the application of network security controls, protocols, perimeter appliances, secure IDS, VPN and firewall configuration. You will then learn the intricacies of network traffic signature, analysis and vulnerability scanning which will help you when you design greater network security policies and successful incident response plans. These skills will help you foster resiliency and continuity of operations during attacks.
This is the world’s most advanced Certified Network Defense course with 14 of the most current network security domains any individuals will ever want to know when they are planning to protect, detect, and respond to the network attacks.
List of Modules
- Module 01: Computer Network and Defense Fundamentals
- Module 02: Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attacks
- Module 03: Network Security Controls, Protocols, and Devices
- Module 04: Network Security Policy Design and Implementation
- Module 05: Physical Security
- Module 06: Host Security
- Module 07: Secure Firewall Configuration and Management
- Module 08: Secure IDS Configuration and Management
- Module 09: Secure VPN Configuration and Management
- Module 10: Wireless Network Defense
- Module 11: Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
- Module 12: Network Risk and Vulnerability Management
- Module 13: Data Backup and Recovery
- Module 14: Network Incident Response and Management
- Network Administrators
- Network security Administrators
- Network Security Engineer
- Network Defense Technicians
- CND Analyst
- Security Analyst
- Security Operator
- Anyone who involves in network operations
Multiple Choice Exam Info
- Number of Questions: 100
- Passing Score: 70%
- Test Duration: 4 Hours
- Test Format: Multiple Choice
- Test Delivery: ECC EXAM
- Exam Prefix: 312-38 (ECC EXAM)
- EC-Council Offical Course Ware
- 40 Hours / 1 Months